System Managed Storage is an IBM® Tool used to control all aspects of Mainframe Storage. It allows controlled automated allocation of DASD and Tape, which in turn simplifies JCL. This is achieved by a combination of scripts (ACS routines) and Constructs (DATACLAS, STORCLAS &MGMTCLAS) which can assign dataset attributes, performance characteristics, and dataset management characteristics and then place them on the desired group of disks.
We are able to cover all aspects of Mainframe Storage Management. This includes:
- Simple ACS routine modifications
- Complex review and standardisation of current ACS and SMS Constructs
- Full review of mainframe storage with recommendations to improve DASD usage
- Implementation of SMS DASD/Tape
- Storage monitoring and reporting
For more information or to discuss your company’s specific needs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org